In this episode of The Capital Investor, Diamond Hands D, Tony the Tiger, and Cool Hand Luke discuss a range of topics, including cryptocurrency, charitable giving, the recent submersible that explored the Titanic wreckage, recent news about Hunter Biden, gun laws in the US, and the U.S. Open.
The hosts start by discussing their recent meals before diving into the world of finance. They discuss the recent surge in cryptocurrency, particularly Bitcoin, and the potential for a spot ETF. They also touch on the decline in charitable giving and the reasons behind it. The conversation takes a turn when they discuss how big money can influence the market and the recent creation of an ETF by Citadel, Fidelity, and Charles Schwab. They explore the possibility of these big institutions trying to influence regulatory bodies and the government to take down smaller players so they can get more market share. The hosts also discuss the impact of inflation on charitable giving and the market.
The conversation then shifts to the recent submersible that explored the Titanic wreckage, with the hosts sharing their thoughts on the experience. They discuss the possibility of rescue and military vehicles that could possibly rescue the submersible. The hosts also discuss recent news about Hunter Biden and his apparent slap on the wrist for tax evasion and a federal gun offense. This leads to a discussion on gun laws in the US, with the hosts sharing their opinions on the Second Amendment.
The hosts then delve into the recent U.S. Open, discussing the venue at L.A. Country Club, the surrounding area, and the ticket prices. They express disappointment with the club's decision to limit the number of attendees and the overall vibe of the event.
Timestamped Chapter Summary
- 00:00:00 - Introduction
- 00:00:14 - Discussion of recent meals
- 00:00:43 - Discussion of the recent surge in cryptocurrency, particularly Bitcoin, and the potential for a spot ETF
- 00:01:11 - Congratulations to Wyndham Clark on his recent golf win
- 00:01:56 - Discussion of L.A. Country Club
- 00:02:42 - Discussion of the recent decline in charitable giving
- 00:03:13 - Bitcoin's recent surge and potential ETF
- 00:03:54 - Discussion of the recent submersible that explored the Titanic wreckage
- 00:04:09 - Big money's influence on the market
- 00:04:13 - Creation of an ETF by Citadel, Fidelity, and Charles Schwab
- 00:04:33 - The possibility of big institutions trying to influence regulatory bodies and the government to take down smaller players
- 00:05:05 - Creation of a new crypto exchange platform by Citadel, Fidelity, and Charles Schwab
- 00:06:12 - Big institutions trying to influence regulatory bodies and the government to take down smaller players
- 00:06:49 - The risk of regulation in crypto
- 00:07:20 - The recent run-up in crypto and AI's impact on the market
- 00:07:45 - The hosts' personal investments in crypto
- 00:08:33 - Inflation's impact on the market and charitable giving
- 00:09:12 - U.S. charitable giving falls for the fourth time in 40 years
- 00:10:10 - Discussion of the cost of groceries and inflation's impact on the middle class
- 00:11:02 - The impact of market performance on charitable giving
- 00:11:24 - Asset inflation and its impact on charitable giving
- 00:12:02 - The difficulty of the Federal Reserve to cool the demand due to the stock prices going up
- 00:12:06 - The possibility of people being more charitably inclined because their assets have gone up
- 00:12:24 - Most people are not more charitably inclined because they have balanced portfolios
- 00:13:05 - Wealth effect and its impact on spending and charitable giving
- 00:13:21 - Inflation's impact on the cost of groceries